*UPDATED* JSCA COVID-19 Protocol
JSCA COVID-19 Protocol
The Jericho Sailing Centre is operating under the Jericho Sailing Centre Covid-19 Safety Protocols. These protocols have been put in place to minimize the risk of spreading Covid-19 among the users, staff and volunteers of the Jericho Sailing Centre and must be strictly adhered to-no excuses, relaxation or Covid fatigue permitted.
The main gate is the initial access point for members and their guests. Your valid* JSCA Membership Card will be required to unlock the member gate. Please do not let anyone else in – have them phone the JSCA office to gain proper entrance.
Everyone entering the Jericho Sailing Centre building must wear a face mask at all times. We are also asking users of the Centre to stay physically distanced, wash their hands frequently, and of course, be kind to each other.
The JSCA office is accessible via service window on the east exterior wall under an awning.
During the off season, all ocean gates will remain closed until needed for boat launching or retrieval.
Masks are now optional in the building. The Sailor’s Lounge and the second floor showers and changerooms in the building are now accessible to vaccinated members. Please show your BC Vaccine Card at the JSCA office for access. Interior washrooms are available to all. All interior spaces can now support their fire rated capacities.
All traffic within the Jericho Sailing Centre hallways and staircases, is one way only to support physical distancing. Please look for directional signage through-out the building and compound.
The success of our Jericho Sailing Centre Covid-19 Safety Protocol depends on the cooperation of our entire Jericho community. Thank you to everyone who has committed to put “community” over “self”. Together we are doing everything we can to minimize the risk of spreading the Covid-19 virus.
- No one may enter the premises if they are sick, required to self-isolate or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- General entry to the compound is limited to the South gate (parking lot entrance). The door is now unlocked by swiping your member card.
- Face masks are now optional while in the building. We ask that people visiting the Centre bring their own masks, however, disposable masks are available by donation at the JSCA office.
- Clubs, schools and members organizing indoor gatherings are responsible for verifying the vaccination status of all those in attendance per current PHO rules.
- All people on the premises must maintain a safe physical distance of 2m at all times.
- Everyone must be kind to each other.
- In the off season, ocean gates must be closed and locked immediately after use.
- The JSCA office can be accessed using the service windows under a tent along the east wall of the building. Access to the inside of the JSCA office is for staff only.
- All hallways in the building have been designated as one way. Please be on the lookout for signage directing the flow of foot traffic through the building.
- The showers and change rooms upstairs are available to vaccinated members. Single occupancy change rooms are available around the yard for general use. Outdoor showers are available in the compound for all members and guests.
- The Sailor’s Lounge is available to vaccinated members.
- Present your BC Vaccine Card at the JSCA office for access to the Lounge and indoor changerooms and showers.
- Cleaning staff are regularly cleaning high touch surfaces when usage warrants.
- Some staff are working from home when possible to keep office conditions as safe as practicable.
The success of our Jericho Sailing Centre COVID-19 Safety Protocol depends on the cooperation of our entire Jericho community. Although members have been exceptionally good about adapting to and following the new protocols over the few years, there have been a few who have have put “self” over “community” by not wearing their face mask properly at all times within the Centre. Please do not be selfish. Together we are doing everything we can to minimize the risk of spreading the Covid-19 virus.
This protocol will be updated from time to time as requirements evolve. Please check back to stay up to date.
*Please ensure you have signed the 2022 liability waiver to ensure your membership card is valid. Waivers can be signed at the following link: JSCA Waiver.