STAY HOME. STAY PUT. 5 Things We Need to do to Stay Safe.
The City of Vancouver Emergency Operations Centre by way of the Jericho Lands Planning Team has asked us to disseminate the following critical message.
Stay Home, Stay Put
Around the world the Covid-19 pandemic is showing no signs of slowing down and hundreds are dying each day, we cannot let the same thing happen in Vancouver.
Now that Covid-19 is circulating within our community, we need everyone to be committed to reducing the spread – for your family, friends, colleagues, and health care workers on the front lines.
Everyone needs to Stay Home, Stay Put so we can flatten the curve.
Here are five things you need to do at all times:
1. Maintain physical distancing of at least 2 metres outside your home
2. Avoid any gatherings of people on private property, at work or in parks
3. Work from home if possible.
· Any business or non-profit that is not delivering an essential service for residents or operations of the city must ensure 2m distancing for customers or staff
· If 2m distancing is not possible, you must close.
4. Avoid non-essential travel
· Unless shopping for groceries or medical needs, or exercising alone or with members of your household
5. Stay home if you are sick or showing symptoms
These steps will allow us to keep ourselves, our neighbours and colleagues, and our loved ones safe – and we will be in a much stronger position to recover and rebuild when this pandemic is over.
For the latest information and resources for individuals and businesses please visit vancouver.ca/covid19.