JSCA COVID-19 Protocol
JSCA COVID-19 Protocol
- No one may enter the premises if they are sick, required to self-isolate or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- General entry to the compound is limited to the South gate (parking lot entrance).
- Our school partners will be controlling access to the compound for their clients using the beach gates, or conducting business on the beach outside of the compound.
- Members must either swipe their membership card or provide their name and contact info at the entrance.*
- Guests and the public must provide their name and contact info at the entrance.*
- Everyone must wear a facemask at all times while in the compound. We ask that people visiting the Centre bring their own masks, however, disposable masks are available by donation at the south gate.
- All people on the premises must maintain a safe physical distance of 2m at all times.
- Everyone using the facility must wash their hands frequently. Hand washing stations with biodegradable soap are available around the compound.
- Everyone must be kind to each other.
- Ocean gates must be closed and locked immediately after use.
- The JSCA office has two service windows under a tent along the east wall of the building. Access to the inside of the JSCA office is for staff only.
- All hallways in the building have been designated as one way. Please be on the lookout for signage directing the flow of foot traffic through the building.
- The showers and change rooms upstairs are closed. Single occupancy change rooms are available around the yard for general use. Outdoor showers are available near hose bibs in the compound.
- The upstairs restrooms are limited to an occupancy of one. Temporary washroom facilities have been provided in the compound.
- Our partner clubs, schools and the restaurant may only begin operation upon approval by the JSCA of their COVID-19 plans.
The success of our Jericho Sailing Centre COVID-19 Safety Protocol depends on the cooperation of our entire Jericho community. Although members have been exceptionally good about adapting to and following the new protocols over the past two weeks, there have been a few who have have put “self” over “community” by not wearing their face mask properly at all times within the Centre. Please do not be selfish. Together we are doing everything we can to minimize the risk of spreading the Covid-19 virus. If we can all keep our respiratory droplets to ourselves we will succeed.
This protocol will be updated from time to time as requirements evolve. Please check back to stay up to date.
* Contact information is being kept only for contact tracing purposes by government if required and is destroyed after 30 days.