JSCA COVID-19 Protocol
JSCA COVID-19 Protocol
The Jericho Sailing Centre is operating under the Jericho Sailing Centre Covid-19 Safety Protocols. These protocols have been put in place to minimize the risk of spreading Covid-19 among the users, staff and volunteers of the Jericho Sailing Centre and must be strictly adhered to-no excuses, relaxation or Covid fatigue permitted.
The main gate is the initial access point for members and their guests. Your valid* JSCA Membership Card will be required to unlock the member gate. If you enter with other members please make sure to card swipe the reader on the gate for potential contact tracing purposes. Please do not let anyone else in -have them phone the JSCA office to gain proper entrance.
Everyone entering the Jericho Sailing Centre facility must: wear a facemask at all times, stay physically distanced at all times, wash their hands frequently, register upon entry*, and of course, be kind to each other.
Guests accompanying members will be required to provide their name and phone number** at the office service window. All ocean gates will remain closed until needed for boat launching or retrieval.
To support the Jericho Sailing Centre Covid-19 Safety Protocols there are temporary washroom, changeroom, shower and handwash stations throughout the compound. Showers and changerooms within the building will not be available. Interior washrooms are available but will have an occupancy of 1.
All traffic within the Jericho Sailing Centre hallways and staircases, will be One Way only to support physical distancing. Please look for directional signage through-out the building and compound. JSCA office service is accessible via a service window on the east exterior wall under a temporary awning.
The success of our Jericho Sailing Centre Covid-19 Safety Protocol depends on the cooperation of our entire Jericho community. Thank you to everyone who has committed to put “community” over “self”. Together we are doing everything we can to minimize the risk of spreading the Covid-19 virus.
*Please ensure you have signed the 2021 liability waiver to ensure your membership card is valid. Waivers can be signed at the following link: JSCA Waiver **Registration information is taken for the potential purpose of Contact Tracing only. All information will be securely stored and destroyed after 30 days.
- No one may enter the premises if they are sick, required to self-isolate or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- General entry to the compound is limited to the South gate (parking lot entrance).
- Our school partners and the Galley will be controlling access to the compound for their clients using the beach gates, or conducting business on the beach outside of the compound.
- Members must either swipe their membership card or provide their name and contact info at the entrance.*
- Guests must provide their name and contact info at the JSCA office.*
- Everyone must wear a facemask at all times while in the compound. We ask that people visiting the Centre bring their own masks, however, disposable masks are available by arrangement at the JSCA office.
- All people on the premises must maintain a safe physical distance of 2m at all times.
- Everyone using the facility must wash their hands frequently. Hand washing stations with biodegradable soap are available around the compound.
- Everyone must be kind to each other.
- Ocean gates must be closed and locked immediately after use.
- The JSCA office has two service windows under a tent along the east wall of the building. Access to the inside of the JSCA office is for staff only.
- All hallways in the building have been designated as one way. Please be on the lookout for signage directing the flow of foot traffic through the building.
- The showers and change rooms upstairs are closed. Single occupancy change rooms are available around the yard for general use. Outdoor showers are available near hose bibs in the compound.
- The upstairs restrooms are limited to an occupancy of one. Temporary washroom facilities have been provided in the compound.
- Our partner clubs, schools and the restaurant may only begin operation upon approval by the JSCA of their COVID-19 plans.
The success of our Jericho Sailing Centre COVID-19 Safety Protocol depends on the cooperation of our entire Jericho community. Although members have been exceptionally good about adapting to and following the new protocols over the past two weeks, there have been a few who have have put “self” over “community” by not wearing their face mask properly at all times within the Centre. Please do not be selfish. Together we are doing everything we can to minimize the risk of spreading the Covid-19 virus. If we can all keep our respiratory droplets to ourselves we will succeed.
This protocol will be updated from time to time as requirements evolve. Please check back to stay up to date.
* Contact information is being kept only for contact tracing purposes by government if required and is destroyed after 30 days.