Summer Employment Opportunities
The Jericho Sailing Centre Association is looking to fill several temporary positions this spring/summer supporting areas of Safety, Storage, Membership and Maintenance.
Description of potential tasks/duties
- Monitor safe usage of the ramps, beach launch areas, and on-water activity
- Assist with craft, locker & equipment storage
- Assist in maintaining the JSC building, grounds, storage facilities, rescue equipment and first aid room
- Performing daily maintenance, cleaning schedule and room preparation
- Provide courteous customer service to members and the general public
- Perform reception and office duties as required
- May assist with on-water programs and rescues, perform first aid when needed and liaise with Jericho Rescue volunteers and staff as required
- Highly motivated team player
- Strong communication & customer service skills
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new software
- Enjoy hands on work in a variety of environments (indoors and outdoors)
- Available to work weekends
Positions are pending approval by Canada Summer Jobs grants. Applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period, a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee.
- Small boat experience
- General knowledge in any or all of the types of ocean activities supported by the JSCA: dinghy sailing & racing, windsurfing, SUP, kayak, surfski, outrigger, ocean rowing
- First Aid/CPR Certification, VHF Restricted Operator’s Certificate (Maritime) & PCOC
Full Time positions available from April 24 to Sept 4th, 2023. Renumeration is $19.50/hr.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org